a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Friday, October 26, 2007

Josephus: The Antiquities 18:63,64

"About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Christ. When Pilate, upon hearing him accused by men of the highest standings among us, had condemned him to be crucified, those who in the first place had come to love him did not give up their affection for him. On the third day he appeared to them restored to life, for the prophets of God had prophesied these and countless other marvelous things about him. And the tribe of Christians, so called after him, has so far to this day not disappeared."

Flavius Josephus was a Jewish Historian writing for the Romans around the time of Christ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Remember O most gracious virgan mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,implared thy help or sought thy intercession,was left unavoided.Inspired by this confidence i fly unto thee,O virgin of virgins,my mother,to thee do i come,before thee i kneel sinful and sorrowful.O Mother of the world incarnate,despite not my petitions,but in thy clemency hear and answer me.Amen

In tears we watched you sinking
We watched you fade away,
And although our hearts were breaking we knew you could not stay.

Aslan do with this as you please it was sent to me and always make's me feel better,now im passing it to you.

ali.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Ali my friend,
I don't know where the last couplet at the bottom comes from, but the prayer asking for the Blessed Mother's intercession at the top is a version of a standard Roman Catholic prayer usually recited with some novenas or occationally at the end of the Rosary. We call it the "Memorare'"

It is a beautiful thought to add this as a comment on my site and I thank you so much for it. I'm sure I know why you posted it tonight.
I pray everything goes well with your friend, Denise seems to be having a peaceful night. Thank you for the kind gesture my friend.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<