a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, August 25, 2007

ENERGY


ENERGY
by J.A. Stratemeyer
August 22, 2007
Art Journal:
This Abstract, "Energy" is my first attempt using chalk pastel only.
I just didn't feel secure enough to work without my pencils & charcoal until I did this piece. It started as a practice sheet and very early on something took over and I abandoned control and just went with it. If you click on the image the larger resolution will show, take a second and just let your eyes and mind get absorbed into the color, you will be surprized at some of the things you see, most of them I did not put in there, it is just the way it came out. At first I didn't think people would like it, but I was amazed at the positive feedback I got. "Energy" is the perfect name for it because as I started to draw & slash with the pastels, using both hands and grabbing different colors at random, I felt almost electrified!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<