a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

BEWARE BOASTERS!


I sit and listen to you all boast about how you will never do “this” or “that!”
This after years of waiting, looking and praying about whether truth and vulnerability are appropriate and healing.
Always wondering who you can trust and who is
playing the game, working the system.

So finally, after years and only once, the pain is so great and the isolation and secrecy so intolerable …
I see
honesty,,,. truth slip out.

Then you sit back in your chairs, prop back your shoulders, puff out your chest, cross your arms and smugly declare that you will never talk to a therapist, or a “shrink” or take this or that medicine, as if it is not masculine or mature to do this.
You mean if you or your children were diagnosed with some pernicious infectious disease, AIDS or any other afflictions that modern medicine didn’t know about or even recognize, just a decade ago or so, are you saying that you would not take the medicine or give it to your children?

Because it isn’t manly.
Because it would show you weak.
Because it would show you vulnerable.
Because
“As a child of Christ, you can always pray it away!”
Hah!, man have you got some surprises comin’!

Think again all of you self-determined, self-made, lone-wolf, know-it-all, spiritual cowboy Tom Cruises out there, some of you with maybe a whole month or two clean time,
do not tempt God!
Before I reached my bottom,

if in fact, I have reached my bottom yet,
I did virtually everything I arrogantly declared
“I would never do!”
And just about everything happened to me

that I said would never happen.

Saint Peter swore his allegiance to Christ to the death.

Just hours later he was cowering from some woman around a fire in a courtyard, and denied Christ to His face!

All you boasters think again before you say

“I would never do that”
or “I’ll never let myself get that low!”
Think again before you say
“NEVER!”
Don’t be so quick to judge another!
Beware your day is coming!
I remember when I said the same things.


Copyright © 2005 by James A. Stratemeyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<