a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Thursday, December 27, 2007

NATIVITY

MERRY CHRIST MASS
Nativity
by J.A. Stratemeyer
Art Journal:
This is another Christ Mass piece which I Had To Do This Season!
I don't know why, I just had to, I've never done a Nativity before.
I mean except for grade school Christmas projects.
As far as I remember, I never believed in the Advent Miracle stories.
Even as a child in the 1950's & early 60's I was in a world so saturated
by materialism that I had become jaded to the concept of miracles.
And in my little no it all elementary school consciousness
I put them on the shelf with:
Mother Goose, Grimm Fairy Tales, Santa Claus & the Easter Bunny.
Today's kids not only have the materialistic saturation and
the accompanying conditioned responses,
they are also dealing with an openly secular world.
There were plenty of secular materialist back then too,
They were just in the closet, but hypocrisy is easy for kids to spot.

Again this piece it is totally experimental on my part.
I did a light fast sketch and shaded it with pastels and colored pencil.
I then scanned it and highlighted different color spectrums.
I'm not satisfied with the result. (Are artist ever?)
But the more I look at it the more it grows on me.
I hope you like it. Merry Christmas

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

This is an excellent Nativity sketch Aslan you have really captured the mood so percetly,i can see you put alot of work into it looking at all your fine detailing,you should be be proud of such a great piece of work you created,keep them coming.
Allison.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice picture..i don`t do much drawings or paintings now since highschool..maybe when they get older..i used to get staright a`s in art class in highschool...now i currently sew...

7:15 PM  
Blogger JesieBlogJourney said...

Good job. I haven't drawn for a long time.
I come to tell you that I have an award for you which can be picked up from my blog. Congratulations.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Oh Aslan, I think it is simply awesome just as it is. I really must start takeing time to get back to my art outside of the computer. And, I know what you mean about not ever being satisfied. I don't think I have one single piece that I am truly satisfied with 100%. We are our own worst critics. You have highlighted my day with this awesome piece of work. Thank you my friend!!
God Bless,
Jackie
P.S. If I ever get a scanner hooked up maybe I will start sharing more of my work.:)LOO...and, you thought I was high-Tech...don't even have a proper scanner and don't know how to hook up the one that I do have..LOL:)
Love to you and your wife!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this piece! I hope all is well with you my friend.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Hello my dear friend,
As you know I have recently been through some struggles. So please accept my apologies for not dropping in sooner.

Aslan I just wanted you to kow what an absolute inspiration you are.

I am simply overjoyed to be counted among your frineds.

I know my site is nearly impossible for you to download....but, I always gain so very,very much through our exchanges as contacts.

God Bless,
~Jackie

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<