a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Sunday, November 04, 2007

About A Stone's Throw Away, Luke 22:41

You could have kept on walking
Before the Sun arose that day
But instead you only walked
Just about a stone's throw away
No one was there to stop you leaving
That beautiful garden of meditation unwalled
By our Father's will alone you stayed
Fulfilling that purpose to which you were called
Loving us unto the end

We who would rather run and stray
But that morning in the garden you only walked
About a stone's throw away

About A Stone's Throw Away,
Copyright © 2006
by James A. Stratemeyer


Luke 22:41-44
Withdrawing
about a stone's throw from them
and knweeling, he prayed. saying
"Father, if you are willing,
take this cup away from me;
still, still not my will but yours be done."

12 Comments:

Blogger Joy0z said...

What an inspirational..I like gospels and scriptures..Have a specific blog for it in my friendster blog.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you so much for take the time to post such a lovely encouraging comment

11:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Piercing.

I had to reread it, with the prose in context. An absolutely beautiful truth has been revealed to you, and thus, to us.

Thank you for fresh perspective.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

10:46 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you for your kind and inspired remarks Angi. I'm sorry the context thruogh you off on the first reading. But as much as I feel like a fool saying it, it wasn't meant to be prosaic in form, it was meant to be free form poetry. I guess our hasn't gotten that part into my thick skull yet, but He is patient and persistent and as long as he keeps working with me I will do my best to listen.
He speaks in whispers most of the time to me, it is hard to hear Him above the clamour of this World and my own doubtful, sinful thoughts. I've never studied poetry I just write it because He tells to, my favorite poet is Walt Whitman

11:29 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

thx for the article =)

Very informative and interesting~

Thx alot for sharing and continue to post more~! =)

DanieL

Computer TNT (Tips and Tricks)
- The Technical Websites for the Not-So-Technical People!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Lovely and inspiring!!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Resim said...

Very nice. I like the imagery, and the message is comforting.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Thank you for your encouragement TNT. I am so glad you received inspiration from the writings

2:19 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

To Shinade, Jackie how can I begin to thank you. not just for this lovely and encouraging comment but for all that you have done for me since we met. Knowing how busy your schedule is makes my gratitude all the more profound.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

To Jeremy Neal "Chief Thinker"
I like that "Chief Thinker" :)
My thanks to you for taking the time to comment. The fact that you received inspiration from my writing is most encouraging. Thank you

2:26 PM  
Blogger Colorado baby said...

Wow, i am actually able to leave a message... I HAVE TO SAY THAT ALL YOUR WORK AND ART has made me appreciate a persons in depth feelings and appreciaton for life. I THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU,,,not too many around...I love you as a friend and respect you as a person...always your Co Author, Friend, Buddy, Sister, etc...
hehheheheheheh I just love evrything you write...Colorado Baby here4u

10:08 PM  
Blogger Colorado baby said...

I am not a reader, and when I say that I really mean that I do not read that often...When I first met you and seen your blog I was dumbfounded....I was in awe,,really I was...I guess it was meant to be that you and I would meet. I totally love all your art work and writings...You are down to earth and very into what you are doing...I RESPECT THAT. Your work is there ya know what I mean...YOU HAVE GOT A GIFT MY FRIEND... I have gone through all your blogs and read and seen your art and personal feelings in your stories and life long beliefs etc..I LOVE YOU AS A PERSON AN A FRIEND. I pray and hope for all the blessings that anyone can take at once...COLORADO BABY HERE4U..Your AMIGA forever..

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<