a href="http://technorati.com/claim/3dc3eighr" rel="me">Technorati Profile

StraighTruth

I am a Freelance writer, poet, editor, artist & catoonist. My work is used by several OnLine companies to attract readers. Some of my writings have been translated into Chinese on the internet. I am posted on FaithWriters & Ezine and I edit the Harford County Christian Jail Ministry, (HCCJM) Newsletter, in Harford Co. Maryland. A follower of Christ, I work for the humane treatment of prisoners, the homeless and the disenfranchised

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christ Mass Longing

I long for a Christmas with more Nativities,
and less Santas, reindeer, and candies.
I long for a Christmas when people
no longer look under the tree.
for gifts they will receive.
But they look upon the Child in the crib,
And the gifts that, to Him, they will give.
I long for an old fashioned white Christmas,
with lights of guidance and welcome
hanging in every portico,
and lights of celebration and joy,
adorning every window.
I long for a Christmas
that really is a celebration,
of the birth of the Almighty
into His chosen Incarnation.
I long for a Christmas
when again we may say,
"Merry & Blessed Christmas!"
and not just, "happy Holidays."

first published in the HCCJM Christmas Flier 2005
composed by the editor, Jim Stratemeyer,
Copyright © 2005 by James A. Stratemeyer
The HCCJM: The Harford County Christian Jail Ministry
a non-denominational, Bible based, all volunteer, prison outreach
Ministry Website: http://www.hccjm.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<